Tuesday

Birchbox - February review

001 - 2
This was my first month with Birchbox and let me just say, although the products are teeny, I’m pretty happy with the selection. My favorite product by far is the OPI - Sheer tint. I cannot wait to try it! Now… let’s get started with all the pretty close-ups shall we?
First up is this month’s theme - STEP AND REPEAT (in honor of awards season)

011-2
OPI - Sheer Tints in Don’t Violet Me Down (Full size - $9) WHAT: This tinted top coat gives nails a wash of high-shine, translucent color.
HOW: Wear alone for a subtle tint, or over your go-to polish for a chic shade-shifting effect
First Impression: I’m definitely looking forward to trying this out. Swatch coming soon!
020-2

Skin&Co Roma - Truffle Therapy Serum Boosting Anti-Aging Serum (Full size - $75)
WHAT: Anti-oxidant rich truffle extract helps smooth wrinkles and restore dull, parched skin.
HOW: Once a day, apply a dime-sized amount to clean, dry skin, massaging until fully absorbed.
First impression: I know truffles are supposed to be luxurious but I just keep thinking ‘fungus on my face’. Anyhoo, I tested it on my hand though for consistency and scent. The consistency is not thick (actually it’s pretty watery but not in a bad way) and it smells lovely! I know it sounds crazy but I swear the patch of skin I applied it to felt so darn smooth! I even told my fiancé to feel it and he noticed a difference as well. I’m excited to try it on my face!
025-2

Beauty Protector - Protect & Oil (Full size $21.95) WHAT: This just-for-you hair oil defends against UV rays, heat, and breakage.
HOW: Work 1-3 drops into damp hair, or to ends of dry hair.  Perfect for all hair types.
First impression: Yay! I’m so happy I got this! Living in Miami, my hair tends to get pretty damaged from sun exposure and over heating. I’m looking forward to trying out a serum that has both UV protection and heat / breakage defense. Oh and it smells a bit like Vanilla :) Hope it works! My hair sure needs it!
024-2

Harney & Sons Fine Teas - Wrapped Sachets (Full size $9.60)
WHAT: Rich and flavorful tea blends from the family-owned craft blend.
HOW: Steep 3-5 minutes in near-boiling water
OMG! If you know me personally, then you’ll know I’m a tea freak! I’m happy this was included in my box!!
The flavors included are: • Cleansing - White Vanilla Grapefruit - White teas infused with vanilla and grapefruit’
• Enlightening - Paris - Black teas with Currant, caramel, and citrus 
First impressions: They sound fabulously delicious, no? I just know they’ll go great on a Sunday afternoon reading my latest favorite book. *Le sigh*
016-2 
Harvey Prince - Hello (Full size $55)
WHAT: Best-selling spritz that mingles cheerful citrus with floral notes.
HOW: Apply to pulse points and let this upbeat scent do the talking 
First impression: I normally don’t go for ‘citrusy’ scents but, although it’s not mentioned in the ingredients, I smell vanilla in this and somehow it really makes it work. The smell is clean and reminds of Spring. It makes me want to throw on a dress and go on a picnic :)
029-2 
And there you have it! All the goodies found in this month’s Birchbox. This monthly subscription is only $10/month with free shipping. I think it’s totally worth it. For the price of lunch, I get to test out all these wonderful goodies! Plus, the inside of the box has a pretty chevron pattern so you know I’ll be keeping it to organize things in. ;)
Want to subscribe? Here’s my referral link. :)
If you’re already a subscriber what did YOU get in your box? Did you like it?

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY GET POLISHED | Copyright That Moxie Chick 2016