Thursday

OPI - Don’t Violet Me down - Sheer tint review & Swatches

Opi - Sheer tint quad

Soooo, let me start off by saying that that ‘jelly sandwich’ mani you see up there (top right pic) is by far my favorite of all these swatches! Special shout out to Cynthia Lee Perez and Sarah Short from the Nail Polish Queens community on G+ for giving me this fabulous idea!
Now… on to the swatches and my thoughts :P

First up is a simple swatch of the sheer tint with 2 coats and a clear base. I like it. It’s different. It applied well and wasn’t as streaky as I thought it would be. It also dried quickly since it’s a top coat. (Keep that little tidbit in mind when you’re applying it as well!).

029-2-500x500

 

Next up is … *drum roll please* … the ‘jelly sandwich’ mani!! Ugh, I’m drooling over here. I absolutely love this one! I used 2 coats of OPI - Don’t Violet me down (Sheer tint top coat), waited a few minutes and applied 1 coat of OPI - Which is Witch? (glitter), waited a few more minutes then added 2 more coats of OPI - Don’t Violet me down (sheer tint top coat). Although the sheer tint is a top coat, I applied Seche Vite’s top coat anyway. I like that it seeps into all the layers to dry them. Plus, hellooooooo shine!

047-2

 

Next, is really my least favorite. I thought using a cute pink color as a base would do something pretty… but alas I was wrong. It just turned out to look like a purple polish with a heck of a lot of air bubbles and a pinkish/white outline towards the cuticle. If I would have used more polish remover to remove it it would have looked like I had 2 weeks of nail growth (and who wants that on a fresh mani?). I have no clue why I got so many air bubbles btw. I applied it the same way as the others…. wasn’t near a fan… and I don’t blow on my nails. Super weird.
I used 2 coats of Essie - Romper Room as the base and 2 coats of OPI’s sheer tint.

073-2

 

Last, but not least, I wanted to try this purple sheer tint with a purple color as a base to see if it’ll help the color ‘pop’. I used two coats of OPI - Do you Lilac It? on all the fingers but added two coats of the OPI sheer tint to the last two on the right. I like it! It makes it look like a subtle crelly and helps turn a regular mani into something ‘extra’.

001-2


Overall I really like this sheer tint! I’m glad I received it in this month’s Birchbox. This really seems like a versatile polish and I’m looking forward to playing around with it more. For another idea, check out this video by Birchbox. I LOVE the mani they’re creating here. Super trendy, simple, and very pretty! :)

So… what do YOU guys think? Which one is your favorite? Will you be buying the OPI sheer tints? :)

Check out a review on OPI's new sheer tint - Don't Violet Me Down! by @ThatMoxieChick

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY GET POLISHED | Copyright That Moxie Chick 2016